Libra-net (12): Science fantasy
We invite you to create science-inspired artwork, celebrate Japanese culture, and party like Drake.
1. Let your science fantasy run wild! We just announced an open call for artwork inspired by science. Our favorite submissions will be displayed at the upcoming Science for Kids conference taking place this autumn. The announcement can be found at the following link, stay tuned for a follow-up call featuring AI-generated art.
2. We are sponsoring the upcoming MRathon in Toronto, and we are kicking things off with a party on June 8. The event will take place at the Don on Danforth, a former masonic temple turned night club where Drake has been known to party. As part of the event we will have a VIP section for our donors, so join us for a drink at 7:30pm and then move to the VIP balcony once the music and the MR-themed lightshow (courtesy of DJ Zoltan Nagy) get going. We plan to stay until the early morning, e-mail Anita (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you would like an invitation.
KANTAROT / КАНТАРОТ is a reader-supported publication. To receive new posts and support our work, consider becoming a free or paid subscriber.
3. We are proud to once again support and participate in the Nihon-Ji Japanese culture festival taking place in Skopje this May. Last week we organized an origami/kumihimo workshop for the youngest Nihon-ji participants, and our hexaflexagons made an appearance. More photos from the event can be found at the following link.
4. Speaking of Japan, Nikola Stikov will be visiting Tokyo this week and would love to catch up with Macedonian researchers working there. If you would like to join us for a Japanese-themed S(c)iesta on Sunday (May 21) at noon Tokyo time, please send an e-mail to: email@example.com
5. Finally, today (May 17) at 5:30pm Macedonian time we will be hosting a virtual S(c)iesta with Biljana Kuzmanovska Tasetovikj, the Macedonian coordinator of EducationUSA. Biljana will tell us about undergraduate and graduate opportunities in the USA, and will be available to answer any questions. The event will be streamed live on our Facebook page (link) and our paid subscribers can join at the Zoom link below the paywall.